Before I Held You

My fingers got chilled,
As I touched the pads,
So did my heart freeze,
As though I poured all there is,

I sent you messages unread,
Sang you songs unknown,
Planned beautiful vacations,
As I was sure you did enjoy with the rest,

It seemed impossible but I was sure,
So convinced of my maker,
Smiled at the worst scenario,
Cos I couldn't imagine this day,

When you came I cheered,
As Your fight was won I giggled,
Your self triumph I heard,
And I am still totally proud of you.

I laughed as I saw my imaginations unfold,
Wanted you yet had a cold feet,
Thought you would be just like me,
But held aback as I approached you,

Did you hear my messages?
Or feel my warmheart reach out,
I'm sure you felt your mummy's pains,
You just would have come to hear the rest

I'm sorry my champ,
You were loved from start to finish,
The fight wasn't by you alone
But we lost you before we held you

Post a Comment

0 Comments