AISHA by Nwokporo Iwuchukwu Rowland



Aisha, 
Aisha is 16 years old
With two kids. In her eyes, 
You could tell her world  is cold 
In two feet and her frown
You could feel her heart as it folds
It's too thick, in her wound 
You could see her life is sold

Aisha, couldn't go to school 
As a female in her prime age
She should go learn to cook 
The last rule on the first page 
Was never to be seen with a book

Aisha,  contemplated suicide 
She told me;
"don't save me, for I'm already dead inside"
She told me;
"when am gone, let not my fruits leave your sight"
She told me; 
"don't blame me, for it's my tongue I was forced to bite"

Aisha always dreamt of Mecca 
She told me; 
"How I wish I could end up being a lawyer "
She told me; 
When am grown I'll fight like Mandela 
All her hope fell to the ground
The moment Alhaji took her.


by
Nwokporo Iwuchukwu Rowland 
Activista Nigeria,
Ebonyi.
Contact details;  09095578783
Facebook;  Rowland Iwuchukwu

World Poetry Day, 2019

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Unknown said…
'Aisha'!
A well written poem by one poet that has always inspired me! Thumbs up Rowland!