LET'S TALK by Ogunwole Moses




My light in it's splendor shines so bright
But I've been covered with a blanket
Let's talk about my strength
Even so strong in fragility
But yet, they think I am inferior
All because I have a few modified glands 

Even when I speak about my rights, I'm called a feminist
When I portray my boldness, I'm tagged a whore
I've been made a symbol of weakness
So when I express my integrity of character
They feel threatened
Bloody men

I'm the backbone of our generation
The vessel of propagation of our species
With great pain and rigor I bring them forth
Yet I'm deemed inferior
Foolish men
I'm the strongest of all creations

Let's talk about equity
What you do, I can do as well
Perhaps even better
Crazy world
I've been stereotyped
I never even got the chance to prove myself
I'm left to rot with my loads of potential

A little talk on equality
I'm not only meant to grace your bed
Or just to let out offsprings as pigs
Don't you think I deserve just about the same rights as you
Of course I'm also homo sapien
Just a little bit modified


by
Ogunwole Moses 
Pen name: Enigma
Activista Nigeria,
Sokoto
Contact: 09074050507, 08067613871
World Poetry Day 2019

Post a Comment

0 Comments