LIFE IN IDP by Ali Sabo

The life I sought…
Is far away from reality
Clouded with fear, cruelty and uncertainties
Living in my world
Is the worst you can imagined
It is a life you wished not to your worst enemy
It is a life of despair, hunger, thirst and illiteracy
To feed twice is a blessing
Decent girls have turned to prostitutions
In exchange for food and where to rest their bodies
Why my world is different?
Did I offend anybody?
Oh! My lord I am not complaining
Forgive me if I have sinned
Malnutrition is the identity of our babies
To balance the diet is not our priority
We seek for help from the privileges
Those that have compassion, caring and loving hearts
Because our world is the most unfortunate
Every day we hear stories either from governments or donors
But the stories end in the media
Reaching the needy is what never happened



by

Ali Sabo 
Activista Nigeria, Kano
World Poetry Day 2019

Post a Comment

0 Comments